Sr Modeler, Data Science
Company: U.S. Cellular
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Sr Modeler, Data Science - FIN001401
As part of the Finance department, the U.S. Cellular Shared Analytical and Data Services team (SANDS) is comprised of highly technical resources with diverse backgrounds in data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, data science, forecasting, and CRM. The SANDS team is responsible for delivering data solutions, analytical tools, campaign. execution, and business insights to our stakeholders in Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, and Sales Operations. The Sr. Modeler, Data Science is responsible for developing, validating, and implement programs, statistical models, forecasting tools, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analyses across Finance, Marketing and Operations. This role is also responsible for measuring and reporting on Marketing and/or Credit performance.
* Develop programs to help extract, sample, and validate data for modeling and analysis purposes using a variety of analytical programing tools such as SQL, SAS, Python, etc..
* Develop data science tools including predictive, optimization, AI, and machine learning models to accurately predict scenario-based outcomes i.e., device price elasticity, predicted impact of a credit deposit change, predicted impact of device price change.
* Develop programs to extract, transform, and manage data in US Cellular's Big Data platforms; accordingly, experience in Big Data infrastructures, as well as commercial and open source analytical and data platforms are desired.
* Develop processes and programs to evaluate and enhance existing campaign processes including reporting, and deep-dive analyses to develop operational and execution efficiencies.
* Participate in monthly and quarterly business review processes to report business performance to key stakeholders
* Code and test real-time decision engine/flows with respect to credit risk, fraud, and marketing personalization.
* Present results as well as data-driven insights to internal stakeholders in Marketing, NFS, and Finance.
* Manage projects and communicate status updates to managers and stakeholders.
* Bachelor's degree + 4 years of relevant experience in Statistics, Math, Finance or other quantitative field required; Master's degree + 2 years of relevant experience in Statistics, Math, Finance or other quantitative field (preferred).
* 3+ years experience in developing predictive models, forecasts, and segmentation tools in Marketing, Finance, Credit Risk, Fraud or Receivables with good knowledge of the entire modeling process (design, develop, test, implement, measure).
* 3+ years SQL, SAS, Python, R, or other data / analytic programing tools required.
* Proficient in leveraging financial techniques i.e. ROI, NPV and Cash flow to measure the effectiveness of the team's output.
* Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable customer strategies which will have a measured impact on the business.
* Good organization and project management skills with a proven ability to lead small analytical projects.
* Able to develop non-complex solutions independently, but may require guidance with complex ones.
* Medium level of engagement from manager.
JOB : Finance
COMPENSATION : Salary Range $70000 - $113751 / yearly
UScellular is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
Sr Modeler, Data Science - FIN001401
Keywords: U.S. Cellular, Chicago , Sr Modeler, Data Science, Other , Chicago, Illinois
here to apply!