Manufacturing Associate II
Company: Kashiv Biosciences LLC
Location: Melrose Park
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Description:$2,500 SIGN-ON BONUSThe Manufacturing Associate II,
is a regular employee in a full-time non-exempt position at Kashiv
Biologics, LLC, in Chicago, IL. This employee will be responsible
for the manufacturing of Biotechnology products for clinical and
commercial human use. Employee employs aseptic techniques while
working in controlled and classified environments, some of which
require complete aseptic gowning. Must comply with Kashiv
BioSciences policies, procedures (SOP), FDA current Good
Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and any other government
requirement.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Will be assigned to the daily operations, working with:
- Weighing and dispensing of material
- Filtration systems
- Inoculation of mammalian or cytokines cells
- Fermentation and harvest
- Chromatography columns and TFF operations
- Responsible for in-process testing, such as: pH, Conductivity,
Spectrophotometer, Osmometer, Cell count, etc.
- Prepares media and buffer solutions.
- Completes Batch Records and other cGMP documentation accurately
and in a timely manner.
- Remove and dispose soiled materials from the manufacturing
- Will assure that the manufacturing areas are maintained within
the required conditions for clean room manufacturing.
- Will report all nonconformance or events that arise during the
shift to the Supervisor.
- Assists in the transfer of technology from Process Development
to cGMP Manufacturing.
- Complies with all safety, cGMP and Company policies, practices
- Performs other functions as required or assigned
- Complies with all company policies and
- Associate degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology
or related preferred
- An equivalent of 2 4 years of biologics industry experience
- Basic verbal and written communication skills in English with
the ability to understand technical information, procedures, batch
records, and other documents in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.Reasoning Skills:
- The candidate should have the ability to operate complex
systems and equipment in accordance with current GMPs, SOPs, and
safety guidelines under minimum supervision.
- Basic skills for identifying problems and troubleshooting of
the equipment and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or
as a team member and the demonstrated ability to follow detailed
directions.Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Operation and understanding of word processing, spreadsheets,
and data management
- Knowledge of GMP and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of biotechnology operations such as, Aseptic
Filtration Systems, Fermentation Process, Inoculation Process,
Chromatography Columns, TFF step etc.Work Environment & Physical
Demands:General work environment and physical demands as required
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work flexible hours as needed. Ability to work under
pressure and meet deadlines. Some travel may be
involved.Supervisory Responsibility, if any: NoBenefits/Perks:
- $2,500 Sign-on bonus
- FSA - Commuter/Transit
- Student Loan Assistance
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Free Parking (Company Paid)
- On-site Gym
- Conveniently located next to the Metra, Green and Red Line
- One block east of the Chicago White Sox Stadium
- This position description is not a complete list of all
responsibilities, duties or skill required for the job and is
subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice,
in accordance with the needs of the organization.Kashiv
Biosciences, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Kashiv Biosciences, LLC
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.PI216061985
Keywords: Kashiv Biosciences LLC, Chicago , Manufacturing Associate II, Other , Melrose Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...