Sr Data Scientist
Company: CME Group
Posted on: May 28, 2023
This is role is 3 days on site, 100% remote is not supported. Relocation to Chicago area is required.
The Data Science team's mission is to provide analytics and insights relating to the economic markets, clients, and products in which CME Group operates. The team is responsible for data science, machine learning, analytics, generating insights, and developing data products and tools. The team brings diverse skill sets together (statistics, machine learning, derivatives expertise, ingenuity, coding, and technical skills) in a highly collaborative, collegial manner. The team is one of the key thought leadership groups at the exchange and serves business leadership to identify and promote significant market and client opportunities.
Looking for a data science role that has the best of both worlds? Join CME to perform machine learning on derivatives markets and digital engagements. We are looking for a highly intelligent person who desires autonomy to explore cutting edge AI to achieve our objectives. We try new things, fail fast, and ultimately deliver valuable insight through the combination of collaboration, new technology, and algorithms. Leverage neural networks to analyze patterns and correlations among derivatives products, clients, and other data to generate actionable insight. Perform sophisticated, large-scale analytics, highly scalable machine learning model development, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data operations. Brainstorm, design, and implement internal and external data products and applications.
1. Develop applications in machine learning, time series, and neural networks to create new data products for the derivatives financial market participants.
2. Use machine learning and natural language processing to create advanced analytics such as optimizing user journeys on our website that lead to higher product adoption, search ranking, text/sentiment classification enabling user experience personalization.
3. Gather and process both structured and unstructured data at scale (including handling data across multiple formats, creating scripts, data pipeline).
4. Work closely with business partners to understand the requirements where data driven solutions are applicable.
5. Visualize results in Looker, Tableau, Python visualizations and present analytics to high level business leaders.
6. Capable of investigating, familiarizing, and mastering new data quickly and combining multiple data sets together (transaction, CRM, and website data)
7. Stay current with leading edge systems, methods, and best practices for data science, analytics, machine learning and data infrastructure.
Education & Experience
--- BS/BA in Computer Science or Engineering
--- MS or progress towards MS in Computer Science or Engineering a plus
--- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in programming, machine learning model development
--- 1 year of experience with data operations on Cloud Services (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure) will be preferred
--- Combination of technical/quantitative and business acumen is strongly preferred
--- Strong programming skills and experience using statistics, machine learning and neural networks.
--- Strong programming skills in Python (Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, NLTK)
--- Expertise in python libraries for deep learning (Pytorch, Tensorflow)
--- Expertise in data visualizations using packages - Looker, Tableau, Matplotlib, or Seaborn.
--- Experience with major open source code base for data operations, machine learning
--- Experience with AWS, GCP or other similar cloud services is preferred
--- Experience working with version control tool - Git, Stash, Bitbucket
--- Strong communication and organizational skills
--- Knowledge of Commodity and Financial Derivatives Markets, especially in futures and options trading is preferred
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
Keywords: CME Group, Chicago , Sr Data Scientist, Other , Chicago, Illinois
here to apply!