Company: Smith Bucklin Corp
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Description Smithbucklin , a 650-person, employee-owned
professional services company with more than 70 years of success
serving the association market, is looking for a Conference Lead to
join our Event Services team in Chicago. Our Event Services unit
provides meeting, convention, event and tradeshow
planning/execution worldwide through the expertise of our meeting
professionals, who manage every facet and detail of our client
organizations' events. Our goal is to work closely with a client
organization's leaders to create an enjoyable conference experience
for all attendees, exhibitors and sponsors, while ensuring a
successful outcome based on the organizations' event objectives.
The Conference Lead is accountable for leading the overall delivery
of meetings and events for a group of clients within a specified
portfolio. The Conference Lead acts as a meeting and event
specialist and develops and implements meeting and event components
of event strategy and delivery. This role is accountable and
responsible for meeting and event project management, financial
management, team management and oversight of all aspects of meeting
and event delivery for assigned clients. What You Will Do
- Support the Event Director in developing and implementing
aspects of event strategy
- Develops event strategies, solutions, and innovations that are
tailored and relevant to client needs to support the overall event
strategy and achievement of event outcomes.
- Development of registration budgets and forecasts
- Manages financials including developing budgets, tracking
against budget and forecast and overseeing ongoing monthly
financial reconciliation and final billing.
- Partners with Education and Marketing to design and develop
general session programming and staging
- Manages and oversees all aspects for on-site preparation and
delivery including staff travels plans, creation of on-site
requirements and support documentation, VIP management, risk
- Registration oversight, including budgeting, set-up of
registration, financial management, on-site registration, and
oversight of registration support team.
- Contributes to overall team success by identifying problems and
proactively seeking out methods to improve self-performance and/or
efficiency of an operation or task.
- Supports future year site selection strategy, confirms venue
ability to deliver on client event specifications and develops
recommendations with support of Event Directors in presenting
recommendations to clients.
- Facilitate continuous communication between Smithbucklin units,
clients, sponsors, attendees, and suppliers to meet the needs of
client organizations This Role Might Be for You If---
- You're tech savvy and have a good grasp of computer programs,
including Microsoft Office suite and exhibit software
- You exhibit strong multi-tasking and time management skills,
including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- You have a demonstrated ability to self-start as well as work
as part of a team
- You have a proven history of demonstrating a high level of
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- You exhibit a high level of detail orientation
- You display strong customer service skills (phone skills, in
person, emails) Basic Qualifications
- Ability to travel 20%, both domestic and international to
attend events and client meetings (may include weekends)
- 5+ years of event management experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Certification in Event Management or related professional
certification is highly preferred.
- A strong understanding of union and labor requirements in
different states and destinations.
- Familiarity with venues, facilities, convention centers and
convention city hotel packages throughout the country.
- Understanding of hotel contract terms and conditions
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Where Do
You Fit? Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid-
or senior-level professional, working at Smithbucklin will offer
you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills,
acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an
accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious,
multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build
meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you
well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In
addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, Smithbucklin
offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation -
an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits
of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of
Smithbucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great,
enduring company. Equal Employment Opportunity At Smithbucklin,
Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All
qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or
any other protected status designated by federal, state or local
law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when
applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a
reference and background investigation based on position.
Smithbucklin will not sponsor applicants for work visas and as a
precondition of employment, you must be authorized to work in the
United States permanently. At Smithbucklin, Equal Employment
Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected
status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are
encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference
and background investigation based on position.
Keywords: Smith Bucklin Corp, Chicago , Conference Lead, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...