Vault Teller I - Mon-Wed 8am-4:30pm
Company: Fifth Third
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to
take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third
Bank. GENERAL FUNCTION: Perform varied and moderately complex
duties related to the timely receipt and processing of currency,
coin and check deposits from commercial customers and banking
centers in accordance with established procedures and controls.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and
opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and
procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing
for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and
behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating
within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently
identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks
of all types. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive customer and banking center deposits from armored
carriers and balance the deposits to the accompanying
- Track deposits into internal systems and assign to processors
in order to maintain control and accountability.
- Verify sums of inbound or outbound coin and currency from
branches, correspondent banks, and customers using internal systems
and high-speed desktop currency counter
- Ensure all deposits and orders contain correct customer
contents on a daily basis with 100.00% accuracy.
- Includes some data entry related to customers deposits
including checks and counting of coin by hand or with a coin
- Meet customer additional reporting and process needs as
required and ensure all customer deadlines are met
- Accurately balance transaction totals, in order to transfer
verified fed ready currency to inventory and non fed ready currency
to the high-speed sorter for additional verification.
- Research and resolve all out of balance transactions via ACE,
electronic or paper receipts, and Transaction Manager naming system
for retrieving check items.
- Complete daily proof and Statement of Condition for work
- Use Transaction Manager HGAA and IPCS to insert advice of
corrections as needed.
- Print and report all advice notices that were created during
balancing and coordinate advice distribution with Mail
- Inspect customer deposit batches for hardware (staples, paper
clips) to ensure all work is in the appropriate order. Inserts
control documents as specified and deliver work to image
- Maintains a working knowledge of all capture machines (NCR
7780s, Itrans, IBM 3890*s) in order to perform image capture.
- Power encode functions as assigned.
- Performs hardware maintenance as needed.
- Support Fed related procedures and controls including:
preparing and sending necessary documentation to the Secret Service
on counterfeit items, opening and closing of Custodial Inventory,
audit needs and any additional requirements that meet Federal
- Proactively identify teller outages, correct and enlist help in
order to prevent any customer impact.
- Consistently meet or exceed production and quality standards as
set by work type and process.
- Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all
customer business confidential and securing all system related
- Comply with vault procedures and controls at all times.
- Escalate issues to management as needed.
- Required to cross-train in multiple processes in order to
support all Cash Vault services.
- Model the Fifth Third Core Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
None. MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience handling large amounts of currency and coin with the
ability to perform balancing related duties with basic math
functions and reconciling to expected totals.
- Experience in a production environment preferred.
- Demonstrated data entry and PC skills.
- Ability to professionally communicate both in verbal and
- Must be able to work in a team environment with the ability to
interact well, and in a positive manner, with co-workers and
- Must have ability to work in a fast paced environment without
- Flexibility in working varying schedules depending on business
- Basic proficiency in PC software: Excel, Word, Outlook,
- Ability to adhere to strict procedures to maintain customer
- Maintain orderly and clean work areas, including all machines,
tables, cabinets and storage areas.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. WORKING
- May be exposed to dusty conditions and loud noises.
- Frequently walks, lifts, squats, bends, and stands.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, up to an entire
- Lift and move objects daily and up to 50 pounds on
- Ability to perform repetitive processes.
- Extended viewing of a CRT screen. Vault Teller I - Mon-Wed
8am-4:30pm LOCATION -- Westmont, Illinois 60559 Fifth Third Bank,
National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive
culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in
all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender,
national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Fifth Third, Chicago , Vault Teller I - Mon-Wed 8am-4:30pm, Other , Westmont, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!