HS Home Visitor
Company: Gads Hill Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Archer 1 2 - Chicago, IL
4 Year Degree
$40,000.00 - $55,000.00 Salary/year
Up to 25%
Nonprofit - Social Services
Gads Hill Center, a social service organization established in
1898, creates opportunities for children and their families to
build a better life through education, access to resources and
At Gads Hill Center, we envision a community in which all children
benefit from healthy, financially stable households that support
their early learning and growth. We invest in the potential of
children and families through early childhood education, youth
programs, and mental health support. Ultimately, Gads Hill Center
builds a community where all families can help their children have
access to quality education in order to succeed in school and
The Head Start Home Visitor plans and implements educational
activities for families with children ages three to five years old.
The home visitor delivers services in the home environment and in a
socialization setting, modeling appropriate behaviors and
empowering parents as the first teachers of their children. In this
role, the home visitor also serves as a bridge to family support
services and agency resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements educational plans and activities to
meet each individual familys needs according to the Creative
Curriculum and the Parents as Teachers model.
- Works with families on a scheduled one-on-one weekly basis in
their homes for at least 90 minutes, and during two monthly group
socialization activities with all the families assigned.
- Assists parents in developing parenting skills, helping them
become the primary family educators and their childrens first
teachers. Reinforces this concept with practical suggestions for
- Conducts health checks during each visit, documenting findings
and following up as needed.
- Encourages parent involvement in and supports planning of
monthly Parent Committee meetings.
- Administers and interprets development assessment tools to
assigned children within the required time frame, maintaining
detailed, written documentation.
- Documents childrens growth and development using written
observations, photography and assessment tools.
- Utilizes developmental screening tools to determine individual
needs of children and assists in individualizing curriculum.
- Assists parents in identifying and fully utilizing available
community resources. Utilizes the assistance of the Family Support
Staff, Mental Health Clinicians, and other professionals to refer
parents as needed.
- Assists with the recruitment of children for the program. In
addition to the responsibilities listed above, all Gads Hill Center
employees are responsible for the following:
- Participates in agency outreach and recruitment events,
including evenings and weekends.
- Participates in supervision meetings and workshops within the
agency and outside (if applicable).
- Participates in civic engagement activities that advance the
mission of Gads Hill Center.
- Advances parent leadership development.
- Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field required.
- Illinois Gateways Family Specialist Credential Level 5
- Previous early education and/or family support program
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational
- Ability to pass a criminal record and child abuse/neglect
- Valid Drivers License and access to a dependable insured car
- A passion for the mission of Gads Hill Center.
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 403B Plan (Up to 5% match following 2 years of employment)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage Options Available
Keywords: Gads Hill Center, Chicago , HS Home Visitor, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!