System Engineer Internship - Summer
Company: CME Group
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world---s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it --- all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day --- whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better.
With 2,500 employees located around the world, we---re small enough for you and your contributions to be known, but big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless.
Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we---re looking for more.
We are looking for motivated and talented students who want to help us create and maintain infrastructure that is used to support some of the world---s most complex financial technology systems. Infrastructure Technology teams design and maintain the network, server, and cloud systems that support ultra-low-latency electronic trading platforms, risk management systems, and front-end trading interfaces, all of which are central to CME---s business. We run the backend technologies that run the global markets.
CME Group Infrastructure Technology interns will gain an unparalleled experience in backend systems supporting electronic trading and financial technology.
Interns can participate in several core roles, including:
- Application Administration and Configuration
- Automation and DevOps
- System Administration and Management
- Network Administration and Management
- System Design
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor---s degree
- Studying Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- A passion for problem solving
- Previous technical experience
- Scripting experience
- Administration experience with Linux, macOS, UNIX, or Windows systems
- Experience with network device administration
- Experience with SQL
As the world---s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, S--o Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
Keywords: CME Group, Chicago, System Engineer Internship - Summer, Other, Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!