Community Resource Coordinator- Community Links High School
Company: Youth Guidance
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Community Resource Coordinator- Community Links High School, Remote Date posted: 03 Aug 2018 At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they are more likely to succeed when they have caring adults in their lives. Our highly-trained staff guides kids to overcome the life and academic challenges facing Chicago's youth. We meet kids where they are - physically and emotionally - to help them focus on their education, make positive choices, and remain on the right path toward life success.
Founded in 1924 today Youth Guidance is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs serving more than 8,500 youth while touching the lives of more than 14,000 youth, parents, teachers, and community members.
Responsible for managing and expanding afterschool and before school community schools programming by recruiting student participants, coordinating developmentally appropriate activities, and overseeing staff members at Community Links High School. Also, responsible for maintaining accurate financial and attendance records, working with community members and organizations to offer programs and services that meet the needs of students and their families, and marketing the program for growth and sustainability. In addition, manage relationships with school administrators and staff.
- Oversight of program staff; monitoring absenteeism and parent and child interactions
- Create a developmentally appropriate multi-age after school program
- Create and maintain a program schedule that reflects effective management
- Develop and maintain appropriate conflict resolution and behavior management techniques
- Effectively manage a grant and tuition-based budget maintaining compliance with the provisions of the grant and the collection of all tuition payments
- Maintain consistent positive communication with parents
- Coordinate and monitor programs and activities
- Maintain accurate enrollment and attendance records
- Purchase/order materials and supplies
- Maintain accurate accounting records, data, and statistics
- Recruit high quality program partners that support the school's mission
- Develop and maintain a marketing plan that supports the organization's overall plan for growth and expansion
- Negotiate agreements with vendors and organizations that provide services
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree or equivalent of sixty college credit hours required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with children and/or adults in a non-profit, social service or community development organization
- 1-2 years of experience working with elementary or high school age youth
- Ability to understand and interpret the policies, procedures, and general organizational structure of the Chicago Public Schools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to keep accurate records and prepare reports
- Bilingual candidate preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and stand for sustained periods of time, frequently talk, hear, use hands and fingers to feel, handle and operate objects or controls, and occasionally stand, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, and viewing a computer terminal.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties performed are primarily in a school setting. Occasional need for local travel.
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Youth Guidance, Chicago , Community Resource Coordinator- Community Links High School, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!