Company: West Suburban Bank
Posted on: November 16, 2018
US-IL-LombardCategory Retail - Teller LineType Regular Part-Time Responsibilities
Summary: Performs assigned duties related to the handling of customer transactions according to established bank procedures. Discusses and actively cross-sells bank products and services under supervision according to established policies and procedures. Acquires knowledge of bank products and is able to open, service, and identify cross selling opportunities to new and/or existing customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Delivers a unique customer experience in an effort to build rapport to increase the opportunity to establish loyal fully banked customer relationships. Identifies sales opportunities through meaningful conversations with customers, and making the appropriate referrals to branch partners.
- Performs lobby engagement activities to connect with customers and establish opportunity to market WSB products that meet their needs. Assist with educating the customers on options for managing financial transactions by leveraging technology, tools and resources.
- Receives and efficiently processes teller transactions verifying required information within appropriate authority level.
- Maintains a cash drawer, balances cash drawer daily, and locates and/or corrects errors. Operates and may balance various branch automation machines such as coin machine, coin vault, ATM/ITM, Cash Recycler, etc. May open and/or close the bank as needed.
- Required to lifet or move items, including but not limited to cash drawers, safe deposit boxes, coin bags, boxes and other items or objects.
- Provides general bank services to customers within established procedures including official checks, money orders, traveler's checks, certified checks, safe deposit box access and safe deposit box rentals etc. May accept utility and loan payments.
- Maintains current knowledge of basic bank deposit products, and services. Effectively identifies customer needs and identifies sales opportunities. Implements plans to retain and enhance existing customer relationships through activities such as cross selling of additional and actively referring customers to other sales divisions of the bank.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge and adhering to all bank policies and procedures, within the scope of their job, to ensure compliance and audit adherence.
- Investigates and corrects errors. Refers to appropriate bank personnel as needed.
- Actively contributes to the achievement of branch goals as well as individual sales and customer service goals.
- May assist in training new employees in customer service and banking policies and procedures as needed.
- Occasional local travel is required.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Intermediate computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to meet and/or exceed set deposit product referral goals;Preferred Education and Experience:
- Previous teller and/or related cash handling experience;
- High-school diploma or equivalent.
Requirements for performing Essential Functions:
On the job the employee may physically be required to stand for long periods of time, bend, sit, walk, kneel, climb, push/pull, use finger movements, handle objects (manual dexterity), reach above shoulder level, and carry/lift loads up to 35 lbs. The company requires any item weighing over 35 lbs to be lifted or moved by more than one worker ("team lift"), or by using appropriate equipment. On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, and analyze. On the job the employee may be around moving machinery and work in confined quarters.
West Suburban Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Keywords: West Suburban Bank, Chicago , Teller, Other , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!