Company: Impact Networking
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: July 15, 2019
OverviewThe Virtual CIO acts as the MIT client liaison for a
specific territory of MIT clients. Own the post-sales side of the
MIT client lifecycle including but not limited to: Client
onboarding, project management, client maintenance-plan
development, client policy and procedure development, client
training and education, etc. The VCIO role will also have a minor
role in pre-sales working with the MIT Business Development
Specialist(s) to ensure the proposed MIT solution fits with the
Impact MIT services properly. Plan, prepare and lead client
Quarterly Business Reviews to ensure quality service and to align
IT with the client's business objectives. Provide monthly technical
reporting to client and actively work as the CIO for the client.
This could be in the form of researching technologies or software
that will help solve client business problems that cannot be solved
by any current Impact solution.
The VCIO must stay current with all Impact service offerings and
must maintain an expert level knowledge of all Impact MIT
offerings. The role of the VCIO is challenging and rewarding and
requires a strong and vast technical skill set along with business
acumen and interpersonal skills. The focus of any job at Impact is
always excellent customer service. We strive to make sure our
clients are happy and that their networks are secure and running
- Review final MIT Pre-Sales proposal documents BEFORE any
proposal is made to clients. This is critical to ensure the VCIO is
not handed a situation that doesn't fit with the Impact MIT
offerings. This should be fairly inobtrusive as MIT sales rep and
FNE's will be working within the Impact MIT product offerings.
- Conduct client end-user onboarding meetings with MIT Sales Rep
to explain the Complete Care program and show clients how to
interact with our Help Desk. Walk clients through the Complete Care
end user guide and ensure the client understands the process while
emphasizing our commitment to Customer Service.
- Plan, communicate and set expectations for all remediation
projects. Is the client liaison for all communications about the
entire MIT program including all projects and ensure the FNE team
is meeting the set expectations for time, customer service and
- Work with the FNE(s), MIT Help Desk, other Impact departments
and the sales team to plan, prepare for and conduct Quarterly
Business Review (QBR) meetings with clients.
- Keep all client management documentation up to date and
continuously review for accuracy.
- Prepare and provide monthly ticket entry reports on all tickets
entered by Help Desk, FNE and VCIO roles per client.
- Lead technical discussions with clients as it relates to their
- Continuously work to provide the client with the right
technology to accomplish business goals and objectives utilizing
Impact MIT or other Impact services.
- Manage the client relationship from the MIT perspective. Set
goals and expectations for all aspects of MIT with the
- Work with the FNE to create and review the technical project
plans for remediation projects.
- Review pre-configured RMM reports and uses the RMM reporting
features to provide client facing IT informational reports with
insight that provides value to the client.
- Review reports for trends, commonalities, best practices, etc.
and explain the findings in layman terms to client
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of all Impact MIT service
- Provide licensing guidelines, partner offerings, etc.
- Work with the FNE's, Level 1 and Level 2 Help Desk teams to
plan and implement the client management and maintenance plans that
include Windows and 3rd party software patching, Line of Business
application updates, A/V profiles and scan schedules, Workstation
clean up, Active Directory management and all network documentation
(Manage the process and ensure this work happens).
- Review, validate and edit all client documentation in the IT
Glue DB for each assigned client.
- Participate in ongoing training and attainment of
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers that further
develop our company's positive reputation through exceptional
- Maintain relationships with vendor contacts that are beneficial
to the company.
- Work with FNE's and MIT District Manager to outline the
long-term technology goals of each assigned client.
- Work with the MIT team to help define, streamline, improve and
advance the VCIO role along with other MIT team initiatives.
- Develop personal skills to efficiently and effectively work
individually and as a member of the MIT team.
- Participate in company-sponsored job-related activities and
training to further develop your technical and interpersonal
- Stay abreast of current IT trends, standards, solutions and
- Continuously works to learn about new technologies in general
IT. Works to develop industry specific IT knowledge for the types
of clients in their portfolio.
Things We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Business Technology, related field of study, or equivalent work
- Computer Skills
- Server Administration
- Experience with Windows 2003-2016 Server
- Active Directory design, management and maintenance
- Microsoft Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint knowledge (base
- DNS, DHCP, and other server-side networking
- VMWare, Hyper-V and other virtualization technologies
- Storage solutions: SAN, NAS, Shared storage, ISCSI, Fiber
- Firewalls, switches and other networking technologies
- Cisco Meraki, SonicWALL or other Business grade vendor
- Disaster Recovery solutions and backup technologies
- Office365, Azure and other "cloud" solutions
- Mobile operating systems (IOS, Android, Windows)
- Internal Systems:
- Ability to learn and maintain operating knowledge of RMM, PSA,
ticketing, CRM, ERP and other internal systems as needed to perform
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
- Certifications - MCSE, MCSA, A+, Net+, VMWare, Cisco, Datto
(other BDR), SonicWall, HP, Dell, etc…
- Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be prepared to travel as required
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Field Engineer, IT Consultant
or Internal Sys Admin/Network Admin + other MIT management
- Valued Qualifications (not required)
- 7 or more years' relevant work experience in IT
- Experience as part of a Microsoft Partner organization
- Experience working for a managed services organization
Keywords: Impact Networking, Chicago , Virtual CIO, Other , Lake Forest, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!