Procurement Specialist (Injection Molding)
Location: Rolling Meadows
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Primary deliverables will include the following:
- Define key opportunities and purchasing strategies for a chosen
- Lead and implement projects and action plans through the
development of dependable and competitive suppliers.
- Initiate and manage key domestic and offshore purchases.
- Identify and support the qualification of alternate/new sources
- Support Estimating Department in the preparation of estimates,
- Implement processes that will ensure compliance to all global,
state and federal shipping regulations involving our products.
- Recommend alternate processes for manufacturing or materials
used in order to improve costs, quality, lead time, and overall
- Negotiate contracts on a regional and global level within
- Perform supplier evaluations and implement corrective
- Maintain detailed current professional knowledge using various
external and internal resources. Offer training, subject matter
expertise, and assistance to other purchasing personnel, and other
- Work with the team to enhance productivity through the
implementation of new tools and processes.
- Special projects as assigned or required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (in a business-related field).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in domestic and/or offshore
purchasing, with applicable direct material purchasing
- Expertise in offshore (APAC, Mexico, Europe) purchasing and
supply chain management of bulk components and finished goods.
- Depth of knowledge of global market conditions and the impact
to the specific cost drivers of those products under her/his
- Proven project management skills to facilitate and complete
project objectives on schedule, achieving required results.
- Strong negotiation skills, striving for best results related to
cost, quality, and customer shipping requirements.
- Proven knowledge of demand management and replenishment
principles and tools, and the ability to execute such
- Knowledge of operations/business system software and the proven
ability to support business requirements with detailed
- Proven leadership capabilities with the ability to coordinate
and communicate activities between internal departments as well as
with external suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women,
minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical)
and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to
a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship
status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and
retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom
line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them
globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We
provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail
presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost.
Learn more athttp://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from
two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K
- you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too -
you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving
at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- Telecommuting Program (work remotely 1 day a week after 6
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer
mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist
you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals
and a variety of opportunities for training and
- Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Works well as a member of a group
- Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary
to get the task done well
- Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your
own schedule and goals
- Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Inspired to perform without outside help
- Some Knowledge
- 5 years
Keywords: RTC, Chicago , Procurement Specialist (Injection Molding), Other , Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!