Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: River Forest
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At
AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is
patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an
organization, we are united in our responsibility to create
What you will be doing
Individuals within the Quality Assurance (QA) role are responsible
for ensuring that solution delivery meets all governance and user
requirements. They are involved in all phases of the solution
development lifecycle. They implement quality assurance objectives,
standards and processes, monitor and evaluate project work products
against predetermined objectives, and apply recommended actions for
improvements. This role collaborates with project stakeholders
(i.e. Project Management, Business Analysis, Development, Testing,
Operations, Business, etc.) to ensure quality and delivery
objectives of projects are met.
They define and track quality assurance metrics such as BRD
reviews, FRD reviews, code reviews, unit testing results, defects,
defect counts, test results (SIT and UAT) and test status (unit,
SIT and UAT). These professionals communicate solution quality
results and provide recommendations based on issues discovered.
They also monitor, evaluate and make recommendations on quality
assurance tasks within enterprise wide processes such as PMO and
change and release management.
Members of this role need to have an understanding of software
development life cycles, standards definition, process design, and
a strong knowledge of quality management. They must be able to
understand business requirements, technical specifications and
change management documentation in order to audit work products
against standards. In addition, they must be highly skilled
communicators who can both provide training to delivery teams and
clearly define where practice diverges from standards and
This associate will work on multiple projects as a quality lead, as
well as projects that have system-wide impact and integrate across
the organization. Will also perform troubleshooting for complex
hardware, software or service problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes solution quality and architecture.
- Leads teams to support solution quality strategies and
- Reviews Test Plan information with team lead, as
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to create a structured
project test plan test template for all impacted/non-impacted
functional and technical system components, assumptions, risks and
- Assists in leading risk assessment to determine need for
- Prepares report of risks and mitigations and reviews these with
- Supports the prioritization of requirements and matches
resources with requirements.
- Provides assistance to internal and external auditors in
- Provides assistance to internal and external auditors in FDA
- Evaluates quality of business requirements for medium to large
projects based on Business/ Functional Requirement document(s), use
cases and/or solution design documents.
- Participates in requirement/ design reviews; identifies gaps
during reviews and probes for detailed explanation of
- Evaluates business efficiency and risk to make recommendations
on application of testing standards.
- Reviews test scripts.
- Performs oversight and review of test execution, defect
resolution and change control documents to verify standards are
- Evaluates test results against project standards and documents
results of the review.
- Collaborates with Test Engineers and Business Analysts to
- Provides training on testing policies, standards and tools both
in informal one-on-one or formal classroom settings
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of all documentation for
assigned work products.
- Ensures that processes are followed.
- Evaluates business efficiencies and risks to make
recommendations on application of testing standards.
- Supports and helps establish systems environment
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on tasks within
enterprisewide processes such as change and release
- Suggests and influences process improvements and acts as a
change agent for the organization.
- Monitors and analyzes internal testing process metrics for
- Provides mentoring to team members.
- Trains team members on various testing tools.
- Recommends training programs targeting specific areas of
- Evaluates future technologies and makes recommendations for
service, software and hardware upgrades.
- Evaluates and recommends test automation tools and determines
suitability with various development tools.
- May review and provide feedback on vendor proposals for new
service, hardware and software.
- Supports and participates in the formal reporting of project
- Participates in lessons learned sessions with Project
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems,
business administration, or other related field or equivalent work
- Typically has 5-7 years of IT and business experience, with at
least 4 years in Quality Assurance.
- Typically requires 3 or more years of audit or assessment or
other relevant experience.
- More than 2 years experience with multiple software testing
- Strong knowledge and/or experience with the processes and
concepts of testing regulatory compliance.
- Understanding with FDA regulations such as 21 CFR Part 11 and
- Knowledge of validation lifecycle and relevant pharmaceutical
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to use manual and automated testing tools to support
and assist the company testing efforts
- Demonstrated experience documenting and executing testing
policies and standards
- Strong knowledge of relevant technology, tools and software;
SDLC, Desktop services, TFS, HP Test tools, or equivalent testing
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance responsibilities in a regulated
environment , preferably healthcare
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to resolve project issues effectively and
- Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to
our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive,
diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more... Throughout our global footprint
and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the
benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are
available through associate contributions. Specific benefit
offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare
solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical
services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we
provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve
access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply
chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical
innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Keywords: AmerisourceBergen, Chicago , Quality Assurance Analyst, Professions , River Forest, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!