Rail Demurrage Analyst
Company: Univar Solutions
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution?--
Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals
and ingredients.-- Our goal is to function as a direct extension of
our customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of
--At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of
experience-- and drawing on deep resources - inventory and
logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service,
sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an
unmatched portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational
challenges.-- When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an
important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and
ingredients.------Primary Purpose:The Rail Demurrage Analyst
position is a highly visible supply chain role that is responsible
for managing and optimizing the rail demurrage activities and costs
across the supply chain network. This role serves as--the key
liaison between suppliers and rail service providers to resolve
demurrage disputes and issues. This role will collaborate with
supply chain, operations, commercial, and product management to
assist with the mitigation of accruing demurrage expenses. In
addition, the Rail Demmurage Analyst--is responsible for validating
and approving payment of rail demurrage invoices.----Specific
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review DRD report daily and assist/follow up on action plans to
move cars currently incurring demurrage.
- Attend weekly demurrage calls to stay abreast of any demurrage
issues and assist where needed.
- Based upon the monthly demurrage expenses, identify new
branches for weekly meetings if needed.
- Monthly reporting - break down demurrage invoices by railcar,
product etc. and disseminate monthly demurrage financials to the
- Interpret--demurrage details to identify possible issues or
trends and address with multiple teams.
- Utilize--statistical prediction model to identify areas of
concern and address appropriately.
- Support the setting of annual demurrage budget based on
previous years analytics.
- Ensure the DARCI database is updated timely and accurately for
supplier or railroad policy updates.
- Invoice approval and processing:--
- Validate demurrage invoices against the branch rail
logs/Railtrac to ensure invoice accuracy.
- Encode and approve all rail demurrage invoices timely.
- Follow-up and resolve all demurrage invoice disputes
- For Non-Materials Planning Unit (MPU) managed PO's, identify
and train employees to update Railtrac with PO
- Candidates must posesse the following soft skills:
- Strong communication and follow-up; including the ability to
speak with all levels of the organization.
- Collaborative skills in resolving railroad or supplier
- Must be able to lead projects on a regional or national
- Ability to deal with complexity and manage ambiguity
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven record of continuous improvement mindset and successful
implementation of initiatives to improve the bottom line.
- Analytical mindset and root cause analysis.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Data manipulation - including graphs, pivots, vlookups,
- Experience using SAP, Tableau,
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- APICS certification (CPIM)--preferred.
- 3-5 years of project management and/or rail--experience in
distribution or related business environment.--
- Accounting/finance/economics experience preferred.
- Chemical industry experience--strongly preferred.--
- Six Sigma certification prefered--#LI-MP1--Univar Solutions is
an equal opportunity employer. --All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, or other protected classification.
--We offer comprehensive benefits to--employees including medical,
dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much
--Univar Solutions encourages qualified Bedford Park residents to
apply for employment.
Keywords: Univar Solutions, Chicago , Rail Demurrage Analyst, Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!