Safety Administrative Assistant
Company: AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a Mechanical contracting firm
serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear
industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown
from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a
multi discipline and multi market MEP contractor with more than 500
employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop
our people and help improve communities. Located in our beautiful
Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Safety Director. In
this position, the Safety Administrative Assistant will have an
opportunity to work for an industry leader. This position you will
support our Safety Director and the Field Safety Coordinator in
executing various safety programs processes and procedures.
- Tracking of THA's creating a spreadsheet for them while
tracking all off the foreman and service techs to create a way to
track paper copies more efficiently.
- Tracking and compiling of data from foreman, superintendent,
safety, & management audits.
- Calibration of meters and keeping up w/and tracking of sensor
and part orders.
- Tracking of all of our meters and repairs being done.
- Coordination of field members needing meters.
- Tracking of new hire video being done and improve that
- ISN, Avetta hours, & training.
- CSL, USS, & Arcelor Mittal heavy load.
- Updating training log for all employees.
- Separate foreman, service, & field hands.
- Ability to track when trainings needed and stay on top of NFPA
70 E training.
- Electrical division glove change out.
- Tracking of toolbox talks.
- Track & help coordinate mask fitting.
- Field and service.
- Shop forklift audit log.
- Input the data and change out the sheets first Monday of each
- Accidents log every incident, making sure of paperwork being
done and follow ups being done.
- Coordinating of new jobs and dispatch like duties for new
- Tracking and coordination of crane picks, helicopter picks, and
confined space jobs
- or handle new hire video when Director is not available.
- Help superintendents as needed.
- Track the Client Services Divisions work load.
- Two years of experience in construction safety (commercial
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- understanding of labor laws and OSHA, DOT, Worker's Comp., Drug
and Alcohol Policies & Procedures, minimal Industrial Hygiene,
minimal Environmental Reg.
- Must have excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of trades in a diverse
- Skilled in the use of computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook, Safety Audit Software).
- OSHA 30 Construction Certification minimum.
- Ability to access heights via ladders or scaffolding. A
significant amount of construction work takes place at heights
above ground level which requires access the work to evaluate
Keywords: AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc., Chicago , Safety Administrative Assistant, Professions , Woodridge, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!