Raw Material Buyer
Company: Interlake Mecalux, Inc.
Location: Melrose Park
Posted on: June 26, 2022
The Raw Material Buyer is responsible for procurement activities
related to steel, paint, and other raw materials used in the
manufacturing processes for steel racking and shelving in the
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers in order to
continuously understand the market with respect to supply
availability, lead times, and pricing and to keep them updated on
- Execute purchasing requirements as established by management,
ensuring contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with
- Coordinate purchasing activities with other departments to
maintain inventory at planned levels. Communicate with Planning
daily so orders for production requiring certain levels of raw
materials can be scheduled appropriately.
- Place purchase orders for raw materials (steel, paint) and
manufacturing materials and perform follow up as needed.
- Enter Purchase Orders and enter purchased receipts into SAP.
Work closely with AP department to ensure proper documentation is
available so that invoices may be paid on time.
- Assist in invoice reconciliation.
- Review opportunities for new supply sources and suitability of
materials offered, meeting with suppliers frequently.
- Perform comparative analysis to ensure best price while
maintaining quality standards.
- Track and analyze purchasing quality and on-time
- Participate in major contract negotiations with top suppliers
to secure consistent supplies and competitive prices
- Execute production demands forecasting
- Create various monthly, yearly, and weekly reports to show
information such as required amounts of materials needed,
manufacturing costs, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management,
Business, Economics, or related field of study.
- At least two years of related experience
- Familiarity with material flow in a manufacturing
- Professional communication skills
- Familiarity with SAP and/or another major MRP/ERP
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Desire and ability to work on-site 100% of the time. Work from
home and hybrid not available.
- Competitive compensation.
- Become part of an industry leading dynamic team with a high
focus on delivering results and continuous improvement.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match; 100% vested
immediately upon contributing and no waiting period to start
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off with the option to cash out
unused PTO every year.
- Possibility for telework days, depending on position, with
flexible make-up time for exempt employees.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, along with
dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement;
specialize in specific areas or gain new skills in different
Keywords: Interlake Mecalux, Inc., Chicago , Raw Material Buyer, Professions , Melrose Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!