Parts Planning Analyst
Company: Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Gathers and analyzes data from various Systems, in order to
forecast trends and have inventory readily available for Quick
Response Locations, Regional Parts Centers, 3rd Party Service
Providers, and Service Technicians. Responsible for generating and
compiling multiple reporting where based on findings, deploy
inventory to improve our parts supply chain delivery times and fill
ratios in the most cost effective means possible. Review and update
planning parameters, meeting with and presenting that information
to the appropriate departments, as well as creating internal orders
or external purchase orders to complete the process.
- Maintain a advanced level of Customer Satisfaction when
supporting Field Service, other departments, vendors, suppliers,
and end customers using all system platforms available.
- Performs analysis on inventory levels, aging and turns.
Identifies order strategies, supply routes, problem areas and
proposes corrective actions.
- Prepares, delivers and analyzes reports/systems to maximize
efficiencies of existing systems and strategies. Continually
improving methods to eliminate potential troubled areas for our
Quick Response Locations, Regional Parts Centers, or
- Interfaces with vendors/suppliers to better improve Canon
Solutions America's Supply chain.
- Purchases from vendors/suppliers based on projects, reporting, or
systems, for assigned locations that meet departmental goals and
targets for fill ratio.
- Monitors/analyzes inventory reports, and or Planning Systems, to
maintain proper re-order points at all stocking locations, meeting
inventory level and fill ratio targets.
- Create reports that provide analysis of trends, using that
information to make inventory stocking recommendations for Field
Service Technicians. Setting up meetings with Service to review
those reports in-depth and getting their input on correct inventory
levels for each Technician.
- Confirm the accuracy of invoices, bills and charges relative to
the shipment of goods and resolve any discrepancies found.
- Work with Product Support on product launches, quality recalls,
alternate sourcing and unexpected demand.
- Coordinate items flow from source and within network, modify as
- Analyze QRL inventory position based on MIF, urgency, and parts
- Document suggested procedure/systematic improvements that will
elevate team productivity/efficiencies for Manager to review
- Provide direct support to Service taking as many phone calls, as
quickly as possible, using the monitored phone system as requested
- Monitor, review and respond to emails, and emails in the group
mailbox, from Field Service, Vendors, Suppliers, and other
departments as quickly as possible.
- Perform any, and all, responsibilities of a Parts Support Rep, or
Mission Critical Parts Expeditor as directed to by Manager
- Provide training and Parts Support Representatives, Mission
Critical Parts Coordinators, or Parts Planning Analysts.
- Completed all tasks, projects and functions assigned by
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
required, plus 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Minimal travel as requested to support business goals and
objectives (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers
companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading
enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions,
supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With
unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon
Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture
efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of
comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document
management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A.,
Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and
has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company,
Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in
global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted
in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most
Admired Companies in 2020. Canon Solutions America offers a
competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision,
401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary
success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs,
vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have
to offer is available at
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws,
regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be
required to follow as a federal government
contractor/subcontractor. We are an EEO/AA employer.
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site
csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this
posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at
Hybrid - This position is full time and offers a hybrid work
schedule requiring you to be in the office two company designated
days a week and an option to work from home the remainder of the
week (unless a specific business need arises requiring in office
attendance on other days). Note that work schedules and office
reporting requirements may change from time to time based on
#LI-EF1 #PM20 #LI-HYBRID
Keywords: Canon Solutions America, Inc., Chicago , Parts Planning Analyst, Professions , Itasca, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!