Recycling/Rendering Loader / Unloader
Company: Darling Ingredients Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary The Loader/Unloader will operate
light-to-heavy equipment (ex. straight truck, with body, semi
tractor-trailer and pay loader) around the facility to unload and
load product in reasonable timeframe to ensure steady flow of
materials. Essential Duties/ResponsibilitiesNothing in this job
description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Operate yard and plant equipment to load and unload
- Check product for and remove any foreign materials, such as
plastic, wood or metal.
- Safely drive equipment around yard and in reload station
- Ability to safely back up truck or semi, set dolly, hook up
back trailer to designated area or lot location as required.
- Able to tarp and un tarp trailers.
- Wash plant equipment, vehicles, and processing areas as
necessary using pressure washer.
- Perform general cleaning as needed in work areas.
- Maintain safety as top priority in accordance with all company
safety rules and regulations.
- Review and evaluate qualitative data reports to verify that
product meets Company specifications.
- All other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Manufacturing, industrial, or agricultural experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in a rendering operation a plus.
- Basic math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide whole numbers.
- Good oral and written skills; able to follow oral and written
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to deal with minor problems involving equipment or
various situations.Physical Demands
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Occasionally must push, pull, move or lift up to 100 lbs.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.Work
EnvironmentJob functions will be carried out in a plant environment
which requires tolerance for wet and/or slippery floors, and high
heat and/or cold temperatures. Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal
opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified
applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like
more information, please click on the link or paste into your
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Darling Ingredients Inc., Chicago , Recycling/Rendering Loader / Unloader, Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!