Pharmacy Inventory Coordinator PNE - Omnicell Automation, Casual Status, Day Shift
Company: Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
Posted on: September 25, 2022
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a
difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first
approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare
industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better? Description The Coordinator
Inventory PNE reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM,
adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate
Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies,
procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation
standards. Under the direction of the Manager, the coordinator has
the authority and accountability for facilitating the delivery of
quality service for the department inventory and purchasing
functions. - Responsibilities:
- Coordinates staff to accomplish the daily tasks. -
- Maintains adequate inventory of pharmaceuticals. -
- Maintains the computerized drug master files. -
- Maintains controlled drug stock and all associated record
- Reports any and all discrepancies in the pharmacy storeroom to
the Managers and Directors.
- Coordinates and manages scheduling on a shift.
- Anticipates staffing needs and makes necessary arrangements for
- Assumes responsibility for efficient and effective use of time
and effort of all staff.
- Maintains inventory of medications and other designated
supplies for use in the department and throughout the
- Identifies and communicates key issues and trends to
- Ensures that floor stock and pharmacy stock requests are filled
accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Receives pharmaceuticals into the storeroom.
- Maintains the security of the storeroom.
- Maintains the control drug and tax free alcohol inventory
levels and prepares distribution records and audit reports.
- Functions as the "super user" of the inventory computer system,
ensuring that the correct products are selected, that inventory
levels are correct, and prices are accurate. - Identifies system
problems and works with the systems programmer to solve
- Organizes and controls purchase records, return goods, and
emergency shipments. - In conjunction with the Drug Information
Center, processes all drug recalls and maintains necessary
- Purchases pharmaceuticals from the wholesale distributor and
prepares requests for purchase for forwarding to Purchasing for
- Develops and maintains relationships with all customers and
- Ensures that service standards are maintained and
- Creates an environment of high morale and motivated staff.
- Orients, trains, and assists in the evaluation of pharmacy
personnel according to the guidelines established by Human
Resources and the department management.
- Assists manager in meeting hospital objectives and goals.
- Assumes delegated responsibilities in the absence of the
- Participates in planning and maintenance of the pharmacy
- Provides information to manager on budget issues, especially
staffing and cost containment strategies.
- Reconciles statistics and adheres to cost management
- Maintains productivity standards; organizes and coordinates
staff consistent with volume, service, and financial goals.
- Participates in preparation of major equipment purchase
proposals, selection, and documents for equipment acquisition.
- Participates in facility changes and planning.
- Establishes and executes personal development objectives as
part of annual objective setting.
- Assesses and communicates staff development needs to
- Coordinates critical situations involving patients, staff, and
visitors and consults with manager for guidance as needed.
- Facilitates effective interdepartmental communication of
incidents with appropriate personnel.
- Ensures compliance with hazardous waste collection and disposal
- High School diploma
- Illinois Pharmacy Technician License/Certification Preferred:
- Two years of college or comparable work experience.
- Experience as a pharmacy technician with pharmacy purchasing
- Certified TechnicianEqual Opportunity Northwestern Medicine is
an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex,
race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected
status. Licensed Patient Care Giver
Keywords: Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago), Chicago , Pharmacy Inventory Coordinator PNE - Omnicell Automation, Casual Status, Day Shift, Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!