Location: Franklin Park
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The Moss Preflight Technician will review and process client
supplied art, identifying problematic art, issues or concerns and
communicating these issues to the Customer Success Managers. Create
layouts for customer approval and production. The ideal candidate
will be able to work efficiently with the Adobe Creative Suite
while working closely with the Moss Customer Success Managers,
Production, and the customer in a fast paced, deadline driven
environment. Some overtime will be required depending on plant
loading. One year of experience in the sign, printing, or graphics
industry required with formal training with Adobe CS products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Download or navigate to customer supplied art, often determining
what art coincides with an item on a Moss work order.
- Preflight, format and manipulate art as needed to meet quality
- Prepare art files for client approval and production printing,
cutting and sewing.
- Review client art for completeness, resolution, color space or
profiles, linked files, fonts, effects.
- Communicate with the Customer Success Manager and customer
clearly, professionally and efficiently to provide direction for
creating and sending usable art.
- Create print ready art and cut files for internal printing of
proofs and full-sized prints. Work with Color Correct and Print
Technicians to resolve file issues, add bleed or manipulate images
as needed for correct and efficient nesting and printing.
- Create layouts of the client art showing seam placement,
overall sizes and print location for Color Correct and Print
Technicians and for client approval.
- Work with Tech Design and Patterning to ensure the customer has
the correct shape size to create their art files.
- Ensure the resolution of the client art allows for high quality
- Ensure that client art effects are compatible with the printing
process and adjust the art as required to meet the client's
- Work with all current graphics programs from Adobe (CS:
Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign,) to open, manipulate and set up
files for approval and for production.
- Update the production schedule and work orders as
- Keep current on the latest technologies and software
- Provide training and advice to customers on the preparation of
digital art files.
- Coordinate with the CSM and Production teams to produce and
prioritize jobs when necessary to quickly reorganize to meet
- Communicate effectively with customers and the company to
guarantee that company and customer objectives are met.
- Follow systems and procedures as outlined by company and
departmental policy and safety rules.
- Read and understand production schedule, work orders, cut
sheets, CAD drawings and written instructions.
- Estimate and communicate time needed to correct art.
- Practice self-discipline to budget time and meet
- Maintain a professional manner in dress, communication, and
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education and specialized training in printing
technology and software and graphic communications or equivalent
work experience required.
- Minimum one year practical experience in graphic production or as
graphic artist required.
- Working knowledge of Macintosh and Windows platforms, operating
systems and graphics software required.
- Math skill to include algebra, geometry, fractions,
multiplication, addition, subtraction, division, decimals, and
conversion from metric to standard measurement.
- Good eyesight including visual acuity, depth perception, field of
view, color vision and the ability to focus quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail required; artistic ability a
- Ability and willingness to learn new software quickly.
- Able to read, write and speak clearly in English to communicate
internally and externally.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team.
- Thorough knowledge of professional publishing applications for
Mac OS and PC including: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe
InDesign, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of PDF and postscript files and PDF plug-ins.
- General knowledge of utility programs such as ftp file transfer,
file compression, and web browsers.
You should be proficient in:
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Keywords: Moss, Chicago , Preflight Technician, Professions , Franklin Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!