Quality Control: Print Production
Location: West Chicago
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Company DescriptionJob DescriptionIn addition to the
responsibilities of the Print QC Specialist I the Print QC
Specialist II performs tasks of moderate complexity and urgency as
an experienced specialist. - The Print QC Specialist II is
considered to be self-sufficient in most aspects of Variable
Digital Printing, Proofreading, Bindery Operations, Inserting and
Postal Rules and Regulations. May need the help or guidance on a
senior QC specialist on the more complex projects.The position is
performed in a fast-paced data processing environment and requires
medium to heavy physical activity including lifting 15 pounds
repeatedly. Requires availability to work overtime as
- Reviews printed copy against provided signoff copy and check
for omissions, and ensure promotional dates are within the mail
- Check for print quality and color consistency - makes sure
artwork is not blurry; logos are printing correctly and no
deletions (white blotches) on imaged copies.
- Cut sample pieces and make sure it meets the requirement in the
signoff and address block is within the OCR read area.
- Checks the IMB barcode for readability and proper class of
mail, ACS information, and proper postal routing.
- Checks for proper back to back alignment
- Checks for correct paper stock or pre-printed form
- Checks inserting jobs that proper components are being used and
placed in the proper order
- Review work on the hand work table to ensure the right
materials/stock is used, make sure all affixed cards/keys are
correct and matches the code in the pick ticket
- Communicate quality concerns and request for a resolution from
Manager, or team lead
- File QC paperwork, promptly and Correctly (Paper work
constitutes - copies of checked samples and Job Jacket)
- Fill out a quality incident report when a quality incident
occurs like when wrong materials are used, bad data, bad print
- Perform all established duties in a timely and professional
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Follows established safety procedures.
- For jobs using variable trade in or financing values the QC
Specialist must check that the correct computations are used
- Checks sequence numbers are correct type and size and located
in the proper location for match mail purposes.
- Checks postal paperwork to insure job is sorted per job
- Checks piece against postal rules and regulations for aspect
ratio, address block placement, IMB placement, return address
placement and proper gluing or tabbing regulations
- Checks for possible mismatch (front to back or internal) of
- Reads, reviews and interprets instructions on job tickets using
key information for set ups and operations, including trouble
shooting and correction as necessary.
- Uses knowledge of PC based processing using windows to perform
- Communicates issues to management to ensure quality standards
and schedules are met.
- Communicates problems that impact the quality of the product to
the shift manager
- Adheres to policies and guidelines pertaining to
confidentiality, security, safety and professional conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.Background/Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail, ability to follow written and verbal
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Basic Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel).
- Ability to maintain positive, professional demeanor at all
- Work involves frequent standing, bending, lifting (up to 15
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Self-DevelopmentQualificationsAdditional InformationWhen you're
one of us, you get to run with the best. -For decades, we've been
helping marketers from the world's top brands personalize
experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge
technology, solutions and services. Epsilon's best-in-class
identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their
customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media,
messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer
actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology,
including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy
advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has
been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester,
Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe,
Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around
the world. Check out a few of these resources to learn more about
what makes Epsilon so EPIC:
- Life at Epsilon: Great People Deserve Great BenefitsWe know
that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in
the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you
work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage,
and endless opportunities to advance your career.Epsilon is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. - Epsilon's policy is not to
discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or
perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital
status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or
physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression (including transgender status),
veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also
prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of
these protected categories.Epsilon will provide accommodations to
applicants needing accommodations to complete the application
Keywords: Epsilon, Chicago , Quality Control: Print Production, Professions , West Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!