Asset Allocation Analyst - Public Markets, Real Asset Solutions Team
Company: CFA Institute
Posted on: November 27, 2022
The Real Asset Solutions team draws on the full range of
Brookfield and Oaktree public and private investment offerings to
deliver asset allocation investment strategies and whole portfolio
solutions across the spectrum of commingled funds, separate
accounts, and outsourcing solutions in both institutional and
wealth channels. Strategies managed range from 100% public to 100%
private inclusive of strategies targeting specific blends of public
and private. Underlying Brookfield and Oaktree investment offerings
include public and private equity and debt of real estate,
infrastructure, renewable power and other related businesses.
Current assets under management of the Real Assets Solutions team
is approximately $3 billion.
This position reports to the Portfolio Managers of the Real Asset
This position works closely with peer Private Asset Allocation
Analyst on the Real Asset Solutions team.
- Investigate and demonstrate potential benefits and risks of
investing in a wide variety of asset classes, both public and
private, with a focus on public real assets.
- Establish strategic asset allocations for multi-asset
investment strategies targeting specific return, risk, yield,
factor exposures and other investment objectives.
- Monitor asset class and sector valuations to identify
investment opportunities and risks for tactical asset allocation,
with a focus on public real assets.
- Create quantitative models, valuation screens, and analytical
tools used in the investment process
- Conduct portfolio optimization using quantitative techniques
and facilitate ad-hoc portfolio analysis with robust data
collection and analysis
- Portfolio Management:
- Contribute investment ideas, insights, and recommendations
during portfolio management meetings and strategy discussions with
a focus on public real assets.
- Follow macroeconomic and sector specific data and news flow and
synthesize into implications, opportunities and risks for
- Collaborate with sector specialist investment teams within the
firm to discuss and explore sector specific views.
- Implement tactical asset allocation decisions across public
security investment portfolios.
- Compile portfolio models, portfolio allocations, portfolio
performance and other relevant material for portfolio management
meetings and investment committee meetings.
- Client Service and Marketing:
- Collaborate with other divisions within the firm (Client
Service, Marketing, Operations, etc.) to conduct analyses relating
to investment strategies and portfolios.
- Assist with the automation of tasks and reporting across
- Meet with prospects and clients to grow and retain assets under
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent. - Graduate degree, CFA
or CAIA designation a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant investment experience:
- Asset allocation experience is considered an advantage
- Fixed income experience is considered an advantage
- Private markets experience is considered an advantage
- Strong quantitative skills including data collection, treatment
- Strong skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Bloomberg or
- Programming experience in Python, R, or other statistical
computing language is considered an advantage.
- Effective communicator, both oral and written, with ability to
present with clarity, precision and conviction.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and results
- Organized, thorough and detail oriented.
- Comfortable working in a team-based entrepreneurial
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with individuals
at all levels of the organization.
Keywords: CFA Institute, Chicago , Asset Allocation Analyst - Public Markets, Real Asset Solutions Team, Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!