Manager, IT SAP Applications
Company: STERIS Canada Corporation
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link At STERIS, we help our
Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing
innovative healthcare and life science product and service
solutions around the globe.Position Summary The Manager, IT
Applications is responsible for high-quality technology solutions
that address business needs by supporting applications within
mature technology and leading-edge technology environments. Manages
and mentors a team of Analysts. Utilizes mature (3rd or 4th
Generation) and leading-edge technology (i.e., SAP, BW [Business
Warehouse]) programming methodologies and languages. Streamlines
and adheres to configuration standards, procedures and techniques
and contributes to any supporting documentation. Manages, designs
and implements large-size technology solutions for applications,
interfaces and data conversions. Develops the logical and physical
model and design documents. Participates and recommends approaches
to develop standards for multiple application platforms. Manages
the Software Change Requests and manages its priority, development
and release. Remains aware of new technologies and programming
languages. Manages the development, maintenance and support of the
respective applications Duties Team Management 25%:
- Manage varying levels of IT Analysts & 3rd party
- Manage to build and developing a best-in-class organization,
managing seamless cross-divisional relationships and driving the
implementation of business applications.
- Develop and support employee training and education that align
with IT strategy.
- Recruitment, selection, performance management, retention, and
development of IT professionals to meet the business needs now and
in the future.
- Works with IT and Business Process Owners (BPO) to understand
IT and Business Strategy and their implication to the platform /
technology / application under responsibility.
- Streamlines and adheres to configuration standards, procedures
- Prioritizes, manages and participates in projects, development
and implementation of enhancements and/or changes.
- Partners with internal and external services vendors to ensure
superior service delivery.
- Partners with the IT and BPO to define Service Level
Agreement's (SLAs) and negotiate appropriate support commitments
for existing products.
- Oversees unit and system testing for a platform / technology /
- Makes recommendations for IT technology strategy and budget
planning as relates to assigned applications.
- Assures application systems and systems architecture remain in
compliance with corporate and departmental standards and
regulations Duties - cont'd Business Partnership and IT thought
- Develop and maintain a strong business relationship with all
levels of various Sales and Service personnel and all levels of IT
- Works closely with the business units and functional area
managers to address technology questions, issues and needs.
- Acts as organizational advocate, thought-leader and consultant
on business application issues and initiatives.
- Improves existing processes by collaborating with clients,
colleagues, and other internal functional teams.
- Advise on feasibility of potential future projects. A wide
degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ensure alignment of projects with Business and IT Strategy
- Participate and contribute to LEAN activities, for example SQDC
boards, Kaizen events. #LI-PC1 Education DegreeRequired Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field with 8
plus years of progressive application technology experience
including 3+ years of experience managing teams in systems analysis
and/or programming functions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAP Modules (SD, FICO, MM)
- Experience leading multiple application technology
implementations and ability to manage and execute projects and
- Ability to design technology solutions and technical and
application implementation in more than one of the following areas:
SAP Solutions, MES, WMS, Data Warehouse
- Experience managing varying levels of IT business system and
technical personnel, including managers, front line team members
and contract professionals. Preferred ExperienceSkills
- Certification in development tools, SDLC, and/or project
- Strong understanding of all phases of the application
development lifecycle and project management disciplines.
- Ability to manage a team of people and provide regular coaching
sessions, reviews and develop plans to improve skill sets.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical skills and technical skills.
- Manages large and complex projects and a proven record of
meeting project deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a highly competitive environment.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors in the best interest of
STERIS. STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that
meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures,
devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO
HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a
$3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000
associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.If you need
assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440)
392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries
only and cannot be used to check application status.STERIS is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure
that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and
promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion,
age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, and any other category protected by federal, state or
local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status
as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound
by the principle of equal employment opportunity.The full
affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by -
60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants
for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be
obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: SAP, BPO, Project Manager, Developer, Testing,
Keywords: STERIS Canada Corporation, Chicago , Manager, IT SAP Applications, Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!