Company: Jelsert Co
Location: West Chicago
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Distribution Supervisor helps direct all Distribution Center
activity for Jel Sert in concert with the Director of Distribution
operating strategies. Duties include all operational, safety,
quality (SQF), and financial performance at the DC. Responsible for
assisting in staffing recommendations, both union and non-union,
safety, sanitation, building maintenance, equipment, supplies,
employee productivity, etc. Responsible for shipping accuracy, and
customer compliance requirements. Actively identify and implement
improvements in processes/procedures, costs, customer service and
inventory control. Aids in auditing local 3PL operational
compliance according to Jel Sert requirements.This position will
require the employee to work overtime as needed. Overtime is
scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs
of the department.RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Daily management of the Distribution Center (DC) to include
shipping accuracy and timeliness, customer compliance requirements
(ASN's, labeling, etc.), and labor management.
- Run a safe and sanitary environment for food storage and
distribution which includes overseeing facility equipment,
maintenance and supplies.
- Actively identify and implement improvements in processes &
procedures, cost savings, inventory storage, overhead, and customer
- Oversee all QAD and WISE transactions to provide highly
accurate inventories. -
- Helps establish a departmental budget and is responsible for
providing support for any variances.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly meetings regarding safety, projects,
staffing (union and non-union), and customer requirements.EDUCATION
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience within a
distribution center -
- Knowledge of warehousing/distribution, traffic operations and
- Warehouse management system experience of 2 years is required
with basic computer skills.
- Solid logistical and forecasting/planning experience.
- Food business experience helpful.
- High School Diploma required, a college degree is preferred.
-KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Highly organized, methodical, disciplined, and
- Effective interpersonal skills and being able to handle
confrontational situations professionally.
- Utilize leadership and teambuilding skills for employee growth
- Lead by example, morally and ethically.
- Strong leadership, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual Spanish is preferredPHYSICAL DEMANDS -Reasonable
accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and the
like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Balancing:
Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking,
standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on the knee or
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
- Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for
sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something
with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to
draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or
moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working,
primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape,
temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word; those activities where detailed or important spoken
instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction, and having the ability to
receive detailed information through oral communication, and making
fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of
the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading;
visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or
operation of machines (including inspection).
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate heavy
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the
accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to
make general observations of facilities or structures. -**WORK
ENVIRONMENT **Office/Distribution environment
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions:
Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to
cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient
- The worker is subject to hazards: Including a variety of
physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts,
moving vehicles, and exposure to high heat.
- The work is required to function in narrow aisles or
passageways at times.FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
- Monitor Quality Control Points (QCP) if Applicable QCCP's.
- Ensures SQF/AIB or any other 3rd
- Party compliance on all department procedures.
- Back up Distribution SupervisorsBENEFITS
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(K ) & ROTH Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance ProgramPERKS!
- Training and Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounts on our Delicious Products
- Health Club Member Reimbursement
- Interactive Company Culture with Engagement Activities
- Employee Service Awards
- Company PhilanthropyYou should be proficient in:
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- ISO 9001 Certification Experience
- Scheduling Experience
- High-level Operations Analysis
- Budgeting / Forecasting Experience
- AS9100 Experience
- ISO 14001 Certification ExperienceSalary info:$26.39 - $30 /
Keywords: Jelsert Co, Chicago , Distribution Supervisor, Professions , West Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!