Company: Highland Baking Company
Location: Prospect Heights
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Highland Baking in Northbrook, IL is seeking high-energy
individuals to join our Safety Department!
Shift: 3rd shift (11 PM to 730 AM)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for training:
- Conduct and/or coordinate Orientation of new hires (including
plant tour) and employee GMPs training in Alchemy
- Discuss safety rules & GMP rules with new hires after training
- Coordinate with Supervisor to take employees at the beginning
of their shift for monthly safety training
- Post-accident training as needed
- Bakery oversight for compliance with safety regulations and
- Identifying hazardous conditions and practices in the
- Ongoing review of work tasks looking for safer ways for
employees to perform them
- Reviewing and overseeing safety procedures, including:
- Knowing the location of all emergency exits, fire
extinguishers, and fire alarms
- Knowing how to use and being able to train on the proper use of
a fire extinguisher
- Knowing when to call 911 versus non-emergency
- Know the procedures for evacuation in case of
- Know the safety hazards of machines
- Know where all emergency stop buttons and safety devices on the
- Assist with and oversee that accident reports, paperwork, and
procedures are being done correctly.
- Including taking employees to the emergency room or Omega in
the event, they cannot get there.
- Know the protocol and procedure for drug and alcohol
- Carrying out site safety inspections
- Check emergency flashlights (that they are there and working)
- Check fire extinguishers (that they are there and are in good
- Check machines for damage and modifications (Daily)
- Check machines for torn or ripped warning stickers
- Check machines for damaged or bypassed safety devices
- Administer first aid and CPR as needed
- Inventory first aid supplies, back supports, bump caps, ear
- Order new uniforms for new hires after 90 days of
- Check availability and assign lockers
- A complete monthly status form on AED and Eyewash
- Other duties as assigned by Plant/Safety Manager
Skills and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of the products manufactured in Highland
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Including Highland Baking Company's Current Good Manufacturing
Practices (cGMP's) and Knowledge of Color-Coding Policies
- Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Good communication skills to deliver valuable teamwork
- Responsible for reporting any and all food safety issues to
your supervisor or management staff in a timely manner
- Able to follow and execute instructions.
- Accurate, patient, careful, responsible, quick and
- Dedicated to the achievement of Highland Baking Company and the
- Build trust with Management/Supervision/Employees in all
departments to create a better culture and, in turn, a safer
- 85% of the time should be spent on the plant floor.
- Follow all new employees for 3 weeks and send out the daily
- Complete OSHA 30-hour course with a passing score.
Full-time employees are eligible for insurance after the waiting
period, holiday pay after 6 months, paid vacation time, sick days,
401K options, and more.
The position requires stretching, bending, twisting, squatting,
lifting 50 pounds or more, and standing for 8-12 hours daily.
Highland Baking Company is an equal-opportunity employer. HBC does
not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex
(including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status,
physical or mental disability, military status, or unfavorable
discharge from military service or any other characteristic
protected by federal and state laws.
Keywords: Highland Baking Company, Chicago , Safety Technician, Professions , Prospect Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...