Applications Analyst - Clinical Systems
Company: Norwegian American Hospital
Posted on: March 20, 2023
- Learns the operation and maintenance of assigned software
applications and interfaces.
- Learns, employs and adheres to HPH policies, regulatory
requirements and industry practices standard as defined by ITIL,
ISO and governmental agencies such as IDPH, IDHS and CMS.
- Works with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure regulatory
compliance, quality metrics and patient safety goals are supported
by Healthcare Information Systems.
- Serves as a primary technical contact for operation, design and
support of assigned clinical systems including Athena and
- Works with IT staff, user department representatives,
superusers, and vendors to optimize the business benefit,
reliability and accuracy of clinical software applications. Helps
various departments align operational procedures and workflows with
- Produces and maintains system-related documentation including:
how-to instructions for IT relief staff, and run books for IT
disaster recovery / business continuity. Assists department leaders
develop their downtime procedures.
- Timely communicates and documents progress, challenges and
resolutions to peers, management, user management, and vendors
using designated tracking systems for all activities including:
projects, changes, incidents, requests, and training, especially on
urgent or protracted activities.
- For changes, customization, and upgrades, trains superusers
and/or supervisors in new/revised functions/routines. Obtains
and/or develops learning materials and provides materials to user
management for distribution to users.
- Trains new physicians (including doctors, PA, APNs). Provides a
checklist for each student to measure progress. Affirms learning
method with user management annually. Develops and maintains
- Trains use of the EHR (Meditech) to new nurses and CNAs in
group sessions as part of new nurse orientation.
- Utilizes the HPH Learning Management System to define
curriculum, publish courses, offer learning sessions, track student
competency and completion whenever possible.
- Satisfactorily works assigned on-call (off-hours) call rotation
schedule, and answers business hours help desk calls.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, visitors,
families, customers, users, colleagues, management and vendors.
-*Some computer science or healthcare informatics courseworkIf
relevant work experience may substitute for specific educational
background, please specify: *4 years - IT applications analyst -
with Meditech, AthenaHealth, or other eHR.
Keywords: Norwegian American Hospital, Chicago , Applications Analyst - Clinical Systems, Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...