Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Considine Search
Posted on: September 21, 2023
New York, NY or Chicago, IL
The Senior Financial Analyst exercises discretion and independent
judgment while working under the general direction of the Financial
Reporting & Budgeting Manager and according to established firm
policies and procedures.The Senior Financial Analyst prepares
reporting of actual and budget financial activity of the firm by
performing essential duties personally or through
delegation/supervision of subordinates.The Senior Financial Analyst
maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client
and firm matters.
- Prepare, review and distribute the firm's monthly modified cash
basis financial reporting (e.g., Flash and Financial
Overview).Reporting includes income statement and other key
performance metrics (billable hours, headcount, attorney
productivity, etc.). Reporting contains relevant variance analysis
to budget, forecast and prior year activity.
- Prepare, review and distribute the legal department, practice
group and office reporting; while similar, the firm's monthly
reporting has a greater focus on key performance metrics. Reporting
contains relevant variance analysis to budget, forecast and prior
- Prepare, review and distribute the financial reporting to
various business professional chiefs.Reporting is tailored to the
specific focus on the business professional chief with different
key performance metrics than legal and practice group leaders.
Reporting contains relevant variance analysis to budget, forecast
and prior year activity.
- Participate in the preparation and review of the modified cash
basis annual operating and capital expenditure budget, including
income statement and other key performance metrics to support the
revenue, expense and capital expenditures.Budgeting includes
preparation for business professional chiefs, legal department
heads and practice group leaders.This process includes multiple
versions until approved by the Director of Financial Reporting &
Budgeting, the CFO, COO, CEO and Chairman with final budget
approval by the Executive Committee and Board.
- Assist in the preparation of the firm's quarterly forecasts
identifying YTD and projected variances to annual budget for
revenue, expenses and related key performance metrics. This process
includes multiple versions until approved by the Director of
Financial Reporting & Budgeting, CFO, COO, CEO and Chairman with
final budget approval by the Executive Committee and
- Preparation of various analyses with recommendations for
solutions as questions and issues from firm management and other
stakeholders as they relate to financial reporting and
- Assist in the preparation of various surveys utilized in the
- Participate in the preparation of the periodic financial
presentations, working closely with the Director of Financial
Reporting & Budgeting, CFO, COO and other firm leaders.
- Partake in the review of various system-generated financial
reports, identifying issues where information is inconsistent and
troubleshoot for root cause to ensure accuracy of financial
- Participate in the design of new reports as requested by firm
- Participate in the implementation of budget software to support
annual budget and forecast process.
- Assist in the implementation of reporting/database software to
support monthly and periodic reporting.
- Participate systems upgrades, leading selected work streams for
testing and verification of financial information used in financial
- Perform complex calculations in support of essential duties and
- Complete special projects as requested and furnish related
information and reports as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent and
three or more years of related experience working within an Am Law
100 law firm is required.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and understanding of
Accounting systems (CMS/Aderant or Elite are required), Excel,
Power Point, Outlook and MS Word.Experience and understanding of
Iridium or other similar budgeting and reporting software.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
skills.Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy,
efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide
information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse
group of attorneys, clients, staff and outside contacts.
- Superior analytical skills requiring an aptitude for detail,
precision, and logic with comprehensive knowledge of complex
accounting principles and practices in order to conduct detailed
analysis of accounting operations, general ledger accounts, balance
sheet and income statement activity and budget variations.
- Exhibit initiative and critical-thinking skills in exercising
independent judgment and making decisions in order to manage
multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven,
detail-oriented work environment.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex accounting/financial
issues and problems and to recommend and implement
solutions.Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem
resolution, and follow-through skills.
- Strong organizational skills including record keeping, data
collection, and system information.Ability to compile and analyze
data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format,
written correspondence, e-mail, or verbally.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations and apply
mathematical concepts when computing, reconciling balances,
verifying numerical data, preparing various accounting reports,
providing back-up assistance and support in performing all aspects
of accounting operations and participating in preparation of the
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written
documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 10
- Required to work towards deadlines; must be able to work more
than 37.5 hours per week in Chicago, 35 hours per week in New
For the New York office, the annualized salary range for this
position is $90,000 to $110,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based
on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000Date Active: 6.6.2023Exempt/Not Exempt:
Keywords: Considine Search, Chicago , Senior Financial Analyst, Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!