Material Handler (2nd shift)
Company: S&C Electric Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The work associated with this job includes but is not limited to
- Operating a stand-up forklift
- Collecting and delivering materials of various dimensions to
multiple assembly stations.
- Delivering inventory to set storage locations and shelf
- Performing the necessary record keeping so that parts may be
retrieved in a timely fashion.
- Loading and unloading trucks with containers of various shapes
- Performing simple mechanical inspections of your lift truck on
a daily basis.
- Ability to obtain Lift Truck certification by completing Power
Industrial Lift Truck Training Program offered on premises is
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you
must have the following:
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate a stand-up or sit-down
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read basic blueprints.
- Ability to analyze inventory and job order information from a
mainframe-based MRP system.
Relevant Experience Required:
One to three years experience: Lift Truck Operation
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5
lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Walking: Occasional walking of short distances (approx. 300
feet or less).
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of items ranging in weight from 5
lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional pushing products with hand trucks to move
- Pulling: Occasional pulling products with hand trucks to move
- Bending: Occasional bending and crouching required in order to
perform a variety of job tasks.
- Reaching: Occasional reaching required from above the shoulders
to below the knees.
- Handling: Moderate handling of parts ranging in weight from 5
lbs. to 100 lbs with assistance.
Keywords: S&C Electric Company, Chicago , Material Handler (2nd shift), Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!