Monitor Tech 7pm-7am IMCU - (need to have taken EKG course) - Monitor Technician
Company: Swedish Covenant Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Monitor Tech 7pm-7am IMCU - (need to have taken EKG course)JOB
Monitors Cardiac Rhythms of all telemetry patients
* Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of Swedish Covenant
Hospital and demonstrates a service orientation and adheres to all
responsibilities and standards of the Hospital.
Performs Monitor Technician duties for the Nursing Unit.
* Maintains a safe environment
* Answers Patient Call System and obtains appropriate
* Keeps work area and telemetry equipment clean.
* Assists in orientation of new Monitor Technicians
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
* Orders office supplies as needed.
PATIENT CARE/AGE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Responsible for the needs of patients of all ages.
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
* High School graduate
* Successful completion of an EKG Rhythm Interpretation Course,
which includes a comprehensive exam. The course must be approved by
SCH Nursing Education.
* One (1) year hospital experience as a Monitor Technician is
* Good communication skills
* Ability to interact effectively with others
* Ability to observe and report accurately
* Technical ability for handling specialized instrumentation and
* Ability to handle confidentiality appropriately
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Patients and visitors, nursing staff, physicians, other hospital
departments and outside facilities such as: hospitals, clinics and
ACCESS TO PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
Computer system access for the Nursing Division is assigned based
on criteria as specified in Policy # 08-113-0, and on the minimum
necessary as described in this job description. Approval for level
of access is given by the system administrator (for Nursing
Division this is Nursing Informatics) or the department that has
ownership of system/module. See computer system Access Control
policy. Has Access Level F, which includes Name, Demographic &
Service Specific Clinical (i.e. clinical information specific to
Visual abilities required to read Cardiac Monitor
Exposure to noise, stress and many interruptions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
Keywords: Swedish Covenant Hospital, Chicago , Monitor Tech 7pm-7am IMCU - (need to have taken EKG course) - Monitor Technician, Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!