Surgical Technician (7am to 3pm) (2k sign on bonus with prior OR experience) - Surgical Technician
Company: Swedish Covenant Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Surgical Technician (7am to 3pm) (2k sign on bonus with prior OR
experience)Performs as a member of the Operating Room team in
technical capacities of scrubbing on surgical cases. Assists the
Registered Nurse circulator, and acts as a resource person for the
instrument aid and Operating Room service orderlies.
* Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of Swedish Hospital
demonstrates a service orientation and adheres to all
responsibilities and standards
of the Hospital.
* Prepares the operating room for assigned surgical procedure.
* Intraoperatively assists the operating room team, according to
* Provides patient safety at all times.
* Preserves all specimens according to policy.
* Assists with post-procedure routine and reprocessing of
* Assists in the orientation of new personnel.
* Takes "on-call" rotation as assigned with a registered nurse.
* Ensures the proper handling and care of surgical instrumentation
* Assists specialty registered nurse in the organization and
reordering of supplies, as assigned by Nurse Manager.
* Attends in-services, maintains skills and seeks to increase
knowledge base. Attends staff meetings.
* Assists the central supply technicians as directed by the Nurse
* Assists in cleaning/restocking of the Operating Room suites as
directed by the Nurse Manager.
PATIENT CARE/AGE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Patients vary in age from pediatric to geriatric. Responsible to
meet the needs of the pediatric to geriatric patient.
QUALIFICATION/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* One year Operating Room experience.
* Alertness, good communication skills, technical skill with
surgical procedures, able to perform as a team member, learns
quickly, follow directions, and good organizational skills.
* Accuracy in all procedural aspects.
* Current CPR Card
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
* Patients' family and visitors
* Nursing staff
* Ancillary staff members
* On feet the major portion of the day.
* Lifting of heavy trays.
* Retracting/holding instrumentation for long periods of time.
* Noise of equipment.
* Lifting of patients, positioning of patients, pushing carts.
* Exposure to blood/body fluids or air-borne disease.
* Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
ACCESS TO PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
* Name, Demographic & Service Specific Clinical (i.e. clinical
information specific to the department)
* Computer system access is assigned based on manager's access
level request and on the minimum necessary as described in this job
description. Approval for level of access is given by the system
administrator or manager of the department that has ownership of
system/module. See Computer System Access Controls policy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work
performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Keywords: Swedish Covenant Hospital, Chicago , Surgical Technician (7am to 3pm) (2k sign on bonus with prior OR experience) - Surgical Technician, Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!