Veterans Preferred - Plant Operator (Cylinder Prep)
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10031567 Plant
Operator (Cylinder Prep) (Open)
Chicago, IL (ASG) - Industrial spec gas
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Location: Chicago, IL (our site is located on the South side)
The Plant Operator 1 processes previous service gas cylinders in
preparation for new gas production. Responsible for safety, product
quality, and productivity during the work shift. Sorts cylinders
according to cylinder size and service, scrapes and paints
cylinders, maintains organization in the cylinder yard, moves
cylinders by forklift and handcart within the facility. Inspects
and prepares high and low pressure cylinders for the filling
process, performs required maintenance on cylinders. Load and
unload common carrier trucks and Airgas shuttle trucks.
- Sort and evaluate incoming gas cylinders.
- Move cylinders to designated processing areas.
- Scrape labels from cylinders.
- Paint and apply temperature coating to cylinders.
- Perform visual Inspection of gas cylinders.
- Install new cylinder valves in both low and high pressure
- Maintain the cylinder yard in a clean and orderly manner.
Stores cylinders in designated locations by service, cylinder size
and valve type.
- Perform valve and cylinder inventory.
- Qualify to operate forklift and perform forklift
- Loading compressed gas cylinders onto and off of cylinder
- Load and unload common carrier trucks and Airgas
- Perform maintenance on cylinder prep equipment.
- Keep a clean and orderly work area.
- Support Management team with regard to maintenance of Health
and Safety and ISO Quality programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Comprehension of basic math skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel
and Outlook) or equivalent software.
- Ability to clearly write and fill out a report in
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, safety data sheets and
procedure manuals using the English language.
- Ability to read pressure and temperature indicators.
- Ability to connect and disconnect filling lines.
- Ability to move gas cylinders.
- Work in a team environment and follow directions.
- Ability to work all shifts; subject to all weather
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
associate is required to meet the following physical demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly
required to stand; use hands and arms; and talk or hear. The
associate must lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision and ability to focus.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Chicago , Veterans Preferred - Plant Operator (Cylinder Prep), Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!