Senior Project Estimator
Company: Middough Inc.
Location: Oak Brook
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' Award Winner!Senior Project
Estimator - Position and ResponsibilitiesAs a Senior Project
Estimator with Middough, you will provide planning and cost basis
support on Total Installed Cost (TIC) project estimates. The Senior
Estimator will work independently on estimates as part of a project
team with support from the Estimating Department and report to the
Project Controls Discipline Manager. Services include preparing
cost estimates, risk & contingency analysis, and database
development & input. The Senior Project Estimator has experience
creating AACE Class 1-5 Estimates for projects and has some
experience in the Refining, Chemical, Food, Pharma, and Facilities
industries.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Use Middough Advanced Project Procedures (MAPP) as a tool for
project implementation and complies with Middough work process
- Align the scope, schedule and budget to assemble Total
Installed Cost (TIC) data for assigned projects.
- Plan and provide cost estimating support of a project or
business unit throughout project phase and life cycle. -
- Proactively develops, plans, calculates, and conveys scope,
schedule, and cost data for project estimates.
- Develop AACE Class 1-5 Estimates and prepares accompanying
Basis of Estimate with every estimate.
- Analyze unit rates to be sure they are well understood and
defendable to peer review.
- Maintain data of current labor, material, and equipment rates,
cost escalation trends, and labor availability information.
- Assemble cost data and inputs for dissemination into the
project control database and/or the project or leadership before,
during, and after the project is complete.
- If required, participate in claim support information
development and claims analysis.
- Prepare reports and financial information for the Project
Controls Discipline Manager, and/or Project Manager / Senior
Project Manager when requested.
- Perform project risk and contingency analysis that may affect
project costs and schedules.
- Advise on pricing strategies for EPC, DB and DBB projects. - -
Education, Experience and SkillsThe successful candidate will
possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or
- Hands-on experience with AspenTech (ACCE, Aspen In-plant,
Economic Evaluator) (Formerly KBase/Icarus), Richardsons, R.S.
Means Costworks and/or similar estimating software.
- 10-15+ years of experience in estimating AACE Class 1-5
Estimates TIC of Agribusiness, Chemical, Food and Consumer
Products, Government and Institutional, Manufacturing, Metals,
Pharma-Bio, Power and/or Refining.
- Estimating experience on engineering, EPC, and
- Construction field experience and/or assignments
- Knowledge of cost estimating, budgeting, change orders, and
- Experience with Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
Software, and Primavera P6.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Excellent multitasking and organizational abilities for project
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. - Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, twist/bend, use repeating motions that may
include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Noise
levels may be moderate to high at various client sites, hearing
protection may be required and/or provided. Safety protections to
be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be
used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.About
MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading
professional engineering, architecture and project solutions
company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500
clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central,
Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest
asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting
projects, management and technical development opportunities and
team building experiences. - Middough employs the best and
brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who
are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety
awareness and professional development.What Middough OffersWe offer
a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports
employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources
such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning
Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and
expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career
advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive
compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package,
based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Chicago , Senior Project Estimator, Professions , Oak Brook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!