Maintenance Technician/ Machine Mechanic
Company: National Safety Apparel
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Essential Job Functions:
- Repair equipment and machines in a manufacturing environment,
including sewing machines, cutting/spreading equipment, welders,
heat fusing presses, hot air sealers, etc.
- Occasional help in performing preventative maintenance and
repairs on facilities equipment including boilers, air compressors,
fire pumps, heating/AC, plumbing, waste compactors/bins, minor
electrical repairs and set ups, air-line maintenance, minor roofing
repairs, minor forklift/pallet jack repairs, doors, windows, walls,
flooring, & lawn/snow needs.
- Pledges to work within the safety guidelines set by NSA
including, but not limited to, wearing correct PPE provided by the
company and hold teams responsible for the same safe working
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area and clean up thoroughly
when completing a production repair or request.
- Maintain neat and orderly spare parts cabinets and machine
- Be part of a maintenance team that is constantly looking for
ways to improve efficiency for all machinery throughout the
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications/Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 2 years of machine/equipment maintenance in a manufacturing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a
- Motivated, dependable, high energy, positive attitude, strong
communication skills, detail oriented, solution focused, flexible,
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job.
- Experience with electronics in mechanical application; reading
schematics, troubleshooting electronic components, and programming
new and old machinery is a bonus
- Spanish or Cantonese speaking a bonus.
Key Competencies: Likes to build and fix things, persistence (wants
it done, but wants it done "right"), positive attitude, dependable,
analytical thinking, problem solving, good communication skills,
and functional computer skills.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand, bend, reach, and walk
for duration of shift. Must be able to comfortably lift up to 50
pounds repetitively. Manual dexterity when working with industrial
sewing machines of all sizes, good vision (corrected vision is
fine). Must be willing to be trained on Joey and Forklifts.
Working Conditions: Must be able to work in a typical
warehouse/manufacturing environment in a wide range of temperatures
and consistent background noise.
National Safety Apparel is dedicated to providing the most
dependable safety apparel to protect the toughest workers with the
toughest jobs in the utility, manufacturing, and steel industries
as well as our armed forces on the battlefield. From our beginnings
in the midst of the Great Depression to the Fourth Generation of
the family now at the helm of the commitment to provide
high-quality safety apparel to our customers.
We are proud to have employees from over 42 different countries
represented among our employees. We are focused on expanding and
further diversifying our team. Innovation is the core value that
drives us each day to be superior. If you feel you have an
innovative attitude and are the right fit for our company, take the
first step to potentially join our amazing team.
National Safety Apparel is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: National Safety Apparel, Chicago , Maintenance Technician/ Machine Mechanic, Professions , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!