Maintenance Tech - 3rd Shift
Company: Hearthside Food Solutions
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at 43 production facilities in the US,
Canada and Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest
growing food companies and the industry's largest contract
manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an
investment in our people is an investment in our company. By
empowering employees through skill development and career
advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous
improvement - both for the business and our people.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including:
--- health/dental/vision insurance --- flex spending accounts ---
short & long-term disability --- paid holidays and vacation ---
bonuses opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
- Inspect, repair, modify, paint, clean and maintain all areas of
facility and grounds following all Good Manufacturing Practices and
food safety requirement to assure production of safe, quality
products and a clean and safe environment for plant operation.
Assist with production equipment maintenance, preventative
maintenance, parts ordering and troubleshooting as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all equipment
including, but not limited to refrigeration, production equipment
and building equipment.
- Assist in training employees on operation of equipment.
- Maintain a PM program with supporting documentation
- On floor time = 100 % (floor is inclusive of production floor,
shop, outside of building, etc.)
- Must always work in a safe manner and use GMPs.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Has completed or is working on a 2-year trades degree; high
school degree necessary or equivalent 3 years plant maintenance
experience. Electrical print reading, motor controls experience,
and welding/fabrication experience necessary. Experience with
food/USDA facilities a plus.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Attention to detail. Legible record-keeping and data entry
skills using a computer. Must be highly motivated, flexible, have
creative problem-solving abilities, and able to handle multiple
tasks simultaneously. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Read, write and speak English. Bilingual capabilities a plus.
Able to communicate and take direction from direct supervisor
and/or the production supervisor. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
- Multi-shift production operations may be expansive, noisy,
wet/humid and vary in temperature from refrigerated environment,
ambient or warm in summer months depending on facility. Will be
required to work shift work and weekends.
Shift hours - 8:00 PM - 4:30 AM (Some Flexibility is available)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hand(s) to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch and work at
heights from floor level to 30 feet above floor. This includes
ladders and lift equipment.
- The employee will regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
with hoist, pallet-jack, or cart.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Other details
- Job Family Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: Hearthside Food Solutions, Chicago , Maintenance Tech - 3rd Shift, Professions , Itasca, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!