Associate, Warehouse - Lead
Company: Sysmex America
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: October 13, 2018
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Warehouse - Lead Associate. Lead the daily operations within the Shipping Department to ensure accurate and timely picking processes of all orders with maximum efficiency. Ensure the cleanliness of the warehouse is maintained in addition to maintaining a safety orient culture in a policy and procedure based organization. Contribute to the continuous improvement process through recommendations, suggestion, and implementation of approved projects. Provide training and mentoring for other SAI associates on warehouse and shipping; and maintain all appropriate documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule transportation for outbound finished goods; prepare shipping documentation; accurately pick orders for outbound shipments by marking or creating pallets and completing the shipping information on an order; ensure all orders are completely wrapped with stretch film on sides and there are no damage products on the pallets; label each pallet with the correct destination and shipping marks.
- Ensures execution of material flow, work practices, inbound receipts, outbound shipments, and inventory control are in accordance with cGXP, FDA, OSHA, IATA, DOT, TSA and other applicable regulations or other foreign authority of regulatory requirements. This includes product documentation, quality standards, specifications, SOP's & GMP
- Resolves customer service (internal/external) issues via phone, fax, and email and first person meetings at times partnering with other departments and utilizing whatever resources necessary; use the same avenues to strengthen business relationships
- Stay up-to-date and follow all Quality System procedures related to this job which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly warehouse and warehouse equipment.
- Ensures that proper building security measures are followed.
- Operate all material handling equipment, vertical baler, bar code scanners, industrial lift-trucks, conveyor, air machine, sealed air, shipping manifest systems, and warehouse management systems.
- Ensure adequate quantities of all packaging materials are in stock. This includes non-inventory items such as glue, printer ribbon, wrap, strap, pallets, labels, etc.
- Provides direction, guidance and coaching to staff members to promote a positive work environment and informs the Supervisor of their progress. Participates in the development of Distribution policies (including operational, safety, and quality programs).
- Maintain efficient warehouse operations and accurate inventory to designate standards by maintaining designated cycle count programs
Physical Risk: Regular exposures to risk that may require special training and precautions.
Physical Demands: Moderate physical activity. Routine handling of objects 21 to 50 pounds; continuous (at least 80% of time) walking or inspections, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
- College degree or some college preferred; High School Diploma required; preferred experience in the shipping of medical devices; knowledge of FDA, GMP, and ISO requirements.
- Forklift Operation
- Three years or more SAP or other ERP software system experience; Fluent in MS Office
- Personal computer operation
- Effective communication skills required with supervisory, quality, direction and motivation in order to facilitate efficient warehousing operations.
- Keeps complete and accurate records of all SAI activities.
- Make certain that orders are picked accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ability to make decisions regarding shipping activities, warehouse management, and inventory.
- Willing and able to make suggestions to improve the operation. Promotes an environment of safety and professionalism.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Sysmex America, Chicago , Associate, Warehouse - Lead, Professions , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!