Traffic Detection Specialist (Technical Sales) - Chicago/East Coast
Company: Cubic Corporation
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Cubic Transportation Systems
At Trafficware, a Cubic Transportation Systems company, we are
passionate about moving people safely and efficiently. We deliver
integrated systems for transportation and traffic management,
providing tools for travelers to choose the smartest and easiest
way to travel and pay for their journeys, while enabling
transportation authorities and agencies to manage demand across the
entire transportation network all in real-time.
We offer industry leading vehicle detection systems for both
in-ground and above ground applications, providing complete
solutions for any detection requirement. We believe that our
products represent the future of detection!
You will identify and pursue business development
opportunities/strategies in the Intelligent Transportation Systems
market for our vehicular detection products. Our clients include
municipal, county and state transportation agencies as well as
consultants, system integrators and contractors. You will
establish, manage and grow business relationships with field
applications engineers, technicians, professional transportation
engineers, planners, and directors of transportation and
operations. Business Development Managers help establish the
transportation vision with public agencies and provide leading-edge
solutions such as Connected and Autonomous Vehicle technology
utilizing Trafficware s software and hardware products. You will
identify customer problems and propose solutions to transportation
issues by applying our advanced electronics and software platforms.
This position typically works under limited supervision and
direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise
discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Contribute to the revenue generation team responsible for
aggressive growth by introducing Trafficware s vehicle detection
products to a client base of municipal, county and state
transportation agencies as well as transportation consultants.
* Identify and drive new business opportunities with both new and
* Develop technical solutions to transportation challenges
utilizing the detection products.
* Capture business through a consultative sales process.
* Review and prepare solutions for traffic and/or transportation
* Provide technical product presentations and demonstrations.
* Participate at trade shows, conferences and local professional
association s events (i.e. ITS America, ITE).
* Provide input for accurate and realistic sales forecasts.
* Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
* Improve our competitive position by collecting market information
for new business proposals, product development specifications,
statements of work and systems requirements.
* Keeps track of potential sales opportunities and marketing
efforts of competitors.
* Participates in the preparation of annual and strategic
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Four-year college degree and 2+ years of work experience
* Experience in the Intelligent Transportation Systems industry is
* Experience in business development/sales to an engineering
community required; the traffic/transportation community highly
* Experience developing technical hardware/software specifications
through a consultative process with public agencies and
* Demonstrable & successful track record with quota attainment.
* Experience in strategic planning and execution.
* Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
* Knowledge of structured sales quota goals and revenue
* Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work
* If experience is outside of Intelligent Transportation Systems
Industry, the following will be considered: A Sales Specialist with
process control and/or SCADA systems experience (Allen Bradley,
Siemens, GE, etc.) that sold to the public sector OR ex-military
with an engineering degree or technical work experience with
electronics and/or computer systems.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties,
responsibilities and requirements may change over time and
according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer,
We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination
based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected
by applicable law
Keywords: Cubic Corporation, Chicago , Traffic Detection Specialist (Technical Sales) - Chicago/East Coast, Sales , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!