Service Extension Field Representative
Company: The Salvation Army USA Central Territory
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Provide direction to Service Extension Volunteers in the
distribution of emergency assistance and provide professional
expertise to the program.
POSITION TITLE: Service Extension Field Representative
LOCATION/DEPT: North & Central Illinois Division / DHQ/Service
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Director of Service Extension
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
STATUS TYPE: Full-Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administration and Planning
- Support Hope-Strong by providing consultation to Regional Teams
and attendance at team meetings.
- Participate with the Service Extension Director in planning for
the development of the program and recommend plans and changes in
- Assess the needs and helping network in each
- Ensure ongoing training for Service Extension Unit Volunteers
and schedule regional meetings with Service Extension Volunteers
and Corps Community Center personnel.
- Participate in community planning and/or organizing activities,
designated as relevant to the objectives of the Service Extension
- Interpret the function of the Service Extension Department to
the communities served through participation in community groups or
activities, dealing with the social problems of individuals or
families, and developing relationships with professional and
administrative personnel in public, private, or civic
- Works with the Hope-Strong Family Ministries Director, Director
of Social Services Case Management, and Service Extension Director
to assure ongoing Corps/Institution collaboration.
- Policy and Procedure
- Comply with procedure and policy in the processing of
- Ensure that Service Extension Units understand information
needed and the critical nature of these requirements.
- Monitor the adherence to Service Extension Guidelines.
- Provides direct, guidance and resource information through
regular personal visits (at least once every 3 months),
correspondence and phone calls with Service Extension
- Monitor, on a regular basis, Service Extension Unit
expenditures versus their budget allocations.
- Ensure that Service Extension Unit Volunteers adhere strictly
to fiscal guidelines, including the approval of request for more
- Recruit and train new volunteers.
- Promote special fund-raising activities in designated Service
Extension areas and encourages volunteer involvement in Christmas
Kettles and Donut Days.
- May provide field instruction to social work interns.
- Other Duties
- Provide client casework when necessary.
- Complete other Social Service Department responsibilities as
- Provide advice and assistance in responding to disasters in
cooperation with the Emergency Disaster Services
- Recruitment and registration of Wonderland Camp
- Master's degree required, MSW preferred.
- At least three years of work and/or educational experience in
social work, marketing or account management.
- Valid Driver's license/MVR clearance.
- Willing to promote the mission of The Salvation Army.
- An interpersonal style that is service oriented as well as
anticipates and responds to the needs of clients.
- A flexible style that also displays a willingness to
- An excellent attention to detail, procedures, processes and
- A self-starter who can manage volunteers, projects and
priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- A communication style that exhibits the principles and values
of The Salvation Army, communicates information appropriately, as
well as fostering team relationships.
- A good understanding of the social service environment,
including the requirements, expectations and resources available
for successful human service programs.
- A working and ongoing knowledge of the Salvation Army's
history, mission, and structure, as well as its services, policies
- A firm knowledge of how to effectively work with diversity in
- Must be sensitive to and work appropriately with culturally and
socio-economically diverse client populations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position is required to do moderate physical
- In order to successfully perform the essential functions of
this position, the employee is regularly required to use a computer
and other office equipment.
- They must be able to visit sites and make
- The work environment includes an office environment with a low
- Must be able to drive throughout the Chicagoland area.
Keywords: The Salvation Army USA Central Territory, Chicago , Service Extension Field Representative, Sales , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!