Company: First Transit
Posted on: October 14, 2021
First things First: Who
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in
North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance
services to municipalities, school districts and the general public
in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered
in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200
locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
As an Accounting Manager, you will have
complete accounting oversight at the location level. You will
prepare financial reports under general supervision and perform
moderately complex activities related to the maintenance of a
complete and accurate general ledger. Finally, you will learn about
our industry and what makes accounting in transportation so
- Completion of monthly financial close for location
- Analyzes financial reports and budgets, identifying trends and
- Prepares and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and
accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Prepares client invoices and reconciles payments.
- Oversees the locations payroll submissions.
- Oversees daily counts, preparation of daily deposits, and daily
and monthly reconciliations to expected intake.
- Track and report location’s financial performance and offers
suggestions about resource utilization
- Creates the annual budget with the input of the GM and
- Performs other functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience with month-end close, P&L analysis,
and GAAP compliance.
- Understanding of 4-4-5 period accounting is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
First for a
Community Service & Impact
- Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the
heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First
Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a
positive impact on others.
- Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and
security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
- Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within … which
means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong
presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring
Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First
Diversity & Inclusion
- Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture
where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an
inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary
based on role, location, and business), including physical and
mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public
transportation contracting and management services. For over 60
years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and
all-around expertise to both public and private transportation
systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350
million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39
states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Apply today and get your
career on the road with First America!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Chicago , Accounting Manager, Other , CHICAGO, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!